[78-L] Eislers and Brecht

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 29 16:48:32 PST 2010

Of course I should have checked whether Brecht and Eisler were in the same
place when they wrote those songs. They may have been, but it wasn't over here.
Brecht didn't come to the US till 1941. Eisler lived in the States from 1936 or
1938, depending on which blog you click on (so how was he able to play the
piano for The New Singers in NY in the fall of 1935?).

dl