[78-L] J. D. Salinger

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Thu Jan 28 16:25:15 PST 2010

Any record of My Foolish Heart has a Salinger connection.  That movie was
the only time any of his stuff has been filmed.

Salinger hated the movie of that name,  claiming that "they" had ruined his
story.  After first seeing and falling in love with the movie,  I later read
the story ("Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut")  and thought it was a brittle and
superficial piece of trivia...he was lucky that it was turned into one of
the great post-WW2 Hollywood romances.

But...if there is a rumor that Sallinger's voice is on record,  that's news
to me and I'd like to hear the details!

Taylor