[78-L] Lee Wiley/Liberty Music Shop

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Wed Jan 27 08:43:21 PST 2010

I'm looking at my own list of what I have on :
Lee Wiley LMS L-296 and LMS 297  April 10, 1940
Sorry I do not have all the take numbers of the alternates and out-takes.
They were recorded, however, in the order below.

*Let's Fly Away (alt)
*Let's Fly Away (alt)
*Let's Fly Away ...................MX P-27150 (issued)  LMS L-296

*Let's Do It  (out-take)
*Let's Do It (out-take)
*Let's Do It (out-take)
*Let's Do It (alt)
*Let's Do It (alt)
*Let's Do It........................... MX P 2751-1(issued) LMS L-297

*Hot House Rose (alt)
*Hot House Rose.................  MX P-27152-1 (issued) LMS L-297

*Find Me A Primitive Man (out-take)
*Find Me A Primitive Man  (out-take)
*Find Me A Primitive Man (alt)
*Find me A Primtive Man (alt)
*Find Me A Primitive Man (out take)

I can't seem to identify the* issued track *of "Find Me A Primitve Man" from
LMS L-296.
I've notated them all as out-takes or alt's. Sorry. (Don't ask)
Mebbe one of the five I've listed was the issued side?

I can tell you, however,  that from the sounds on these, this was a long,
grueling and exhausting session.

Al Simmons