[78-L] Jimmy Wyble

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Tue Jan 26 20:01:17 PST 2010

Jimmy Wyble, one of the great early electric guitarists from the Bob Wills band, died on January 16 at the age of 87. Mike Kieffer and I were working with Jimmy to extract from him memories of his working with Bob Dunn. We had trouble coordinating our schedules because of Jimmy's health, but Mike managed to do an interview with him shortly before he died. Wyble played twin guitars with Cameron Hill on such Wills classics as "Roly Poly" in 1945.

Cary Ginell