[78-L] Autographs

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 13:12:50 PST 2010

Cary,

I have never seen it, but it exists, I thought at the Library of Congress.
It has been written about and discussed; I'm almost sure in an article by
the late Mark Tucker on the orchestrator of that version, Will Vodery, and
also in the latest Gershwin bio by Howard Pollack.

The Bassman version was prepared for a television performance from the
mid-50s, I believe on Monitor. I once held a reel of 16MM film which was a
Kinescope of this performance. Who knows where that Kini is now.

Jeff Sultanof