[78-L] Autographs

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Jan 25 15:12:28 PST 2010

Friend fnarf  hits it right on the head.  Although I have sold many hundreds
of autographs in my time,  I own very few,  and the ones I truly treasure
are the ones which were either inscribed to me or to a family member by
someone we knew.

The De Voto he mentions with the long letter has much more merit,  in my
eyes,  than would the 1929 signed limited edition of A Farewell To
Arms...although the latter would fetch much more money.

Somewhere I have a post card of the World's Greatest Jazz Band which Bud
Freeman signed for me after we'd had a nice twenty-minute chat.  I'd never
sell it,  but was only to happy some years ago to broker a Sioux City Six
Gennett which had a clipped Bix Beiderbecke signature glued to the label.

Taylor