[78-L] Cleveland

Matthew Duncan recordgeek334578 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 24 19:26:39 PST 2010

It would be interesting to compare Britain during the depression in a similar way.

I am not certain, but I think that Columbia and HMV issued alot of new solo classical works during the depression but not much large orchestral works.

I am classing the depression in Britain as 1930 to 1938 with a little economic recovery before mid to late 1939 when the economy became unstable again when WWII broke out.

Matthew.