[78-L] Joe Bushkin on Royale, also more on Shaw

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Jan 24 18:20:43 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cary Ginell" <soundthink at live.com>
> OH, I get it now. In looking at the album cover, the title reads: "Joe
> Bushkin - Piano and Rhythm" with the four piano-only titles listed at the
> top of the front cover. Then below, it reads: "and other JAZZ" with the
> quartet titles. So they never identify who does the quartet sides. The
> label lists only the song titles.
> Sneaky devils.

Well...that was life in the early days of the "LP!" As a "record company,"
one's
assigned task was to find material which could be reissued on LP, but which
had NO implied legal claims and/or royalty payments thereunto...?! Thus, one
had to find "unclaimed" recordings...and then think of an album title which
might
attract purchasers...?!

Steven C. Barr