[78-L] Cleveland

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Sun Jan 24 18:19:05 PST 2010

There's at least an 11-year gap between the Brunswicks and Columbias. Don't
forget, during the Depression NO American orchestras were recording except the
Philly under Stokowski..Columbia even got the Boston Symphony one time, and
recorded it live and screwed it up (notes missed).

What are you calling the depression?  Certainly Toscanini and the NBC/NYPO recorded in the 30s, Boston also recorded on Victor then, as did Ormandy with Minneapolis and Philadelphia along with others.  I know that you know all this so I'm obviously missing something.

db