[78-L] Advent of Electrical Recording

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Jan 24 16:10:17 PST 2010

From: "Han Enderman" <jcenderman at solcon.nl>
>> "I have talked about the influence of a record begins
>> upon its release, not its recording." (Mike Biel)

> Indeed, but some are so rare that their influence started with the
> first reissue (Zulu's Ball). And maybe the influence of Duffy's hot
> recording has started today.  Han Enderman

Just like the influence of Robert Johnson started with the LP reissues.
And I know I never heard of Al Duffy before (his name sounds like it is
out of  "Married...With Children" or "The Simpsons" -- Al Bundy and Duff
Beer).  But one of the things I am looking at is the influence of issued
albums on other record companies, not necessarily us collectors.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com