[78-L] R Johnson, was Re: Louis Armstrong

Doug Pomeroy pomeroyaudio at att.net
Sun Jan 24 14:24:56 PST 2010

I agree there are many blues artists whose recordings are as, or more,
important than those of Johnson.

Let's not forget that John Hammond made it possible for Frank Driggs to
produce many reissues for Columbia, including, in addition to both
Johnson LPs,
the "Bukka White, Parchman Farm" (Col 30036), and "Leroy Carr, Blues
Before
Sunrise", (CL 1799).

Doug