[78-L] acoustic recordings

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Sun Jan 24 13:35:40 PST 2010

Someone recently asked when the last acoustic recording was made.  I'm sure this question has come up before.  I know this isn't the answer the enquirer is looking for but aside from independent acoustic recordings which are being made regularly, (I understand that a rock band or two have made novelty acoustic recordings), the last acoustic recording I'm aware of made by a major company for wide distribution was recorded by EMI in 1997 by Roberto Alagna and Antonio Pappano on a 10 inch 78 with a turn of the 20th century red label showing the Recording Angel trademark and the heading "Gramophone Concert Record".

db