[78-L] Private acetate recording from 1934 ???

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jan 24 06:26:26 PST 2010

Milan P Milovanovic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> just to add something to our discussion about beginings of electrical recordings, as well to celebration of Django 100th birthday I found these data in discographical info:
>
> Tiger Rag
> After You've Gone
> Confessin'
>
> Django Reinhardt g solo; Joseph Reinhardt -g; Juan Fernandez - b
>
> August 1934
>
> Private acetate
>
> How come? I always thought that lacquer master discs from around 1934. were in theirs prime early form and only for pro.
>
> Anyone?
>

> Best wishes,
>
> Milan
These have been reissued on French Vogue LP JLA. 64 (not shown in Lord
10.0). The notes state:

",,,Pierre Nourry, then in charge of the Hot Club of France, who had med
Reinhardt through the painter Savitry, wanted to have the guitarist
better known and also hear the comments of the jazz critics. He made a
recording with Reinhardt.... The 'session' took place not in a
professional studio, but in a booth in the Boulevard des Italiens,
Paris, where people can have the voices record on supple discs..."

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4801 (20100124) __________

http://www.eset.com