[78-L] Olde-timers^ [FWD]

Mike Harkin harkinmike at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 24 00:36:34 PST 2010

Did she apply for French citizenship?  Did she surrender her US citizenship?  These could be a measure of how one defines oneself.

I just missed getting dual citizenship as a Bulgarian [they changed the law just before I became eligible so that I would have had to give up my
US citizenship, which I would never do.]  AS it is, I am a permanent resident alien, with the BG equivalent of the green card,  but even if I had dual citizenship I would still consider myself an American in Bulgaria.
Stevenc, being an emigre, may have some comment also....

Mike in Plovdiv