[78-L] Joe Bushkin on Royale, also more on Shaw

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Sat Jan 23 20:14:20 PST 2010

The piano-only side includes "Chicago," "Edgewater Beach" (which is a thinly disguised version of "12th Street Rag"), New Orleans Butterfly, and Doggin' the Gutter.

The quartet side includes the titles I told you about. Instrumentation is piano, violin, electric guitar, and string bass. The stuff is really quite good. Swings like Venuti's stuff on Tempo. If you find it, please give me dates and personnel for each.

Damn Royale for including no notes or clues, not even songwriters.

Thanks-

Cary Ginell