[78-L] Olde-timers

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 23 13:14:25 PST 2010

Malcolm Smith wrote:
> Also in Paris, I met her there in the early fifties, was Lil Harden
> (Armstrong), a wonderful Jazz singer and pianist who had been in King
> Oliver's Creole band.
>
> Malcolm Smith.
>
> On Jan 23, 2010, at 10:13 AM, 78-l-request at klickitat.78online.com wrote:

I think as we go on we will realize that more than just a few of our
musicians made good in Europe throughout the 78 era. I know that
Sylvester Ahola and another trumpeter from Spechts bands whose name
escapes me made much of their time over there, even marrying there.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.