[78-L] Olde-timers, MM

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Jan 23 09:44:55 PST 2010

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> I bought it for 69 cents in New York in the 70s..probably
> could have taken a ton of them but that's not an option
> when you're a tourist.  dl

Hey, I used to fly home from Europe with hundreds of records!

I got mine new when it came out while I worked for a record distributor.
 For all I know, your 3/%1 or .69 copies might have come from the same
distributor!  Same is true with my copy of the similar record, Jackie
Kannon's World War III With The Original Cast, although it was not a new
release when I found a few copies at that distributor's warehouse.
That's the one which starts with an explosion and 19 minutes of blank
grooves, and has the corners and center hole of the innersleeve singed.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>