[78-L] Old" Flying Sauce"r fan heard from, WAS Copyright Criminals on PBS

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 23 08:06:14 PST 2010

At 15:48 23/01/2010, RP wrote:
>I know what you mean.  The originals had a sort of naive 50s charm to them,
>but the later stuff came off as a one-joke phenomenon that didn't wear well
>at all.  Like a 1956 joke told in 1974.

Of all the later ones, I think the best of the lot was Batman and his
Grandmother on Red Bird.

A contemporary copy-cat to The Flying Saucer was Marty on the Planet
Mars by Marty on Novelty 101. There is a copy of this up on oBoo for
buy it now at -- wait for it --- $14.99! I have to laugh at the description:

quote-  Suitable for jukebox or automatic changers (Has lead-in
grooves)  -- unquote

Okay --- whatever. Should have maybe also said "suitable for finding
pile of other records (has label)"

Be that as it may -- I have to wonder how many jukeboxes got
unplugged when someone picked Flying Saucer!