[78-L] Copyright Criminals on PBS - Clyde Stubblefield

eugene hayhoe jazzme48912 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 23 08:01:32 PST 2010

Wasn't that hard; he is mentioned here and there on records, by JB and others.

If you mean unknown to the same folks who don't know anything that happened before say, 2000, even if they were present (also known as 'the general public') then I guess I'd have to agree. But drummers and other musicians have known about he and Starks for a long time, if I recall correctly, I've seen features bout 'the drummers of JB' as far back as the '70s in places like Modern Drummer & Musician. In one of them, published while JB was living, he said that he had no interest in talking to JB, whom he hadn't seen in many years, because he 'didn't treat people right.'

Gene