[78-L] Old" Flying Sauce"r fan heard from, WAS Copyright Criminals on PBS

Bob Rice bobrice at snet.net
Sat Jan 23 06:58:27 PST 2010

  Ah guyz? "Flying Saucer was SO bad it was GOOD!? Like the OLD Godzilla
movies? The Toho Studio offerings, in the 50's.NOT the comedy knockoff of a
few years ago. Anyhow, Buchanan and Goodman, as I remember as a kid, DID get
in hot water with the copy right folks. Their response was "Buchanan and
Goodman on Trial"The punchline was;" What is your complaint against Buchanan
and Goodman?"" They wouldn't give me a ride in their flying saucer!"Of
course as a kid we wore the records out, made the same sorta stuff with my
growing Victrola record collection with a cheezy, 20 dollar rim drive tape
recorder, but I don't think Billy Murray cared<g>?But, as the genre "Wore
out" the following Band G stuff wasn't as good, Santa and the Satallite "
came out about that era, too?"Martian Melody" was on the flip side of one of
those records? B and G on trial?It said play at 33 1/3rd or 45 rpm, settling
the speed question?Along with "Transfusion", and "Ape Call" by "Nervus
Norvus, were the fun records WE grew up with? Oh did we grow up?Thought it
was pretty creative back in the uptight 50's? My Dad said;" That's AWFUL!
They oughta SUE their ears off!" when he was exposed to Flyin' Saucer.No
cents of humor!Haven't ya any BETTER records?" His take.He didn't think much
of Elvis, ether.

  When ya think about it, MOVIE clips and sound bites are used nowadaze for
fun spoofs, I GUESS the copyright folks aren't too concerned at what you
"borrow" for yur skits? You Toobe for example?What's that one, movie, at
Hitler's meeting with the inane subtitles in English? Scene it in several
clips!In that it makes sheeple smile, and like B and G, are forgotten.
Although it was tragic Dicky Goodman's demise, he brought smiles to us kids
back in our deformative years? WHAT ever happened to the "Buchanan" in
Buchanan and Goodman, anyhow? Was more than a forgotten US President?I
remember a PBS thing about Dicky Goodman, by his kid, several years ago.

   Bob, old B. and G. fan. I DON'T think F.C. was on 78?