[78-L] Olde-timers

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 22 20:13:06 PST 2010

I can't stomach her books and her pretentiousness. She was a dangerous woman
for a few years in the 80s..there's nothing worse than an actor who gets
enlightened (or runs for politics). She got to be a much better actress when
she got older. "Irma La Douce" and "Can Can" are so lugubrious I want to
scream. At least you get to see a few other talented people and some good
choreography in "Sweet Charity" (too bad they dropped one of the best songs,
"Baby Dream Your Dream").

dl