[78-L] Gennett Question

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Fri Jan 22 14:30:20 PST 2010

I disagree. Murray's popularity had nothing to do with Gennett. He was
one of those, along with many others like Frank Ferera, who'd record for
just about anyone, and did.
Might as well give a plaque to Red Nichols, who played on some Gennetts
but not under his own name. Or, better yet, to Frank Ferera. He's
certainly seminal and under appreciated. Or how about, as mentioned in
another post, Homer Rodeheaver.
Mal

*******