[78-L] More on "Advance" lacquers

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 22 12:06:09 PST 2010

I asked about this brand of transcription disc a few weeks ago.."ADVANCE". No
idea of the vintage of the recordings on them (they were microgroove) and Dr.
Biel didn't have an answer. I've now looked at another disc whose label is
disintegrating, and under it is the ADVANCE lettering (on one side only). The
disc is an NBC recording, part of Life Of Riley, March 3, 1950, 10-10:30 PM..I
don't know if this tells you whether it was recorded in New York or Hollywood.