[78-L] Baldwin label for sale

Glen Richards glenster at 2multiples.com
Fri Jan 22 00:47:16 PST 2010

Google is everyone's friend:

<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=9IAhAAAAIBAJ&sjid=iYsFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1129%2C2742541>

 xFrom the "Palm Beach (Florida) Daily News" January 25, 1938:

"...Val Ernie's band is still making dancing feet tingle on The Patio's
open air dance floor until all hours. Al Nathan, the chap who plays a
rat-a-tat on everything in sight when Va! Ernie's band gets hot,
furnishes plenty of what it takes with the drums, vibraphones and chime:
to round out one of the finest dance orchestras in the world. Al has
been with Val Ernie for eight years and is one of the most colorful of
the band's musicians. His work with Val's orchestra has been
outstanding. Timing, rhythm and technique! Al has them all according to
Val Ernie, The Patio's brilliant maestro."

It's pretty obviously a late 30's disk, and this seems to confirm that.
It's not a Gennett; I wonder it was a vanity pressing?

Glen

Glen Richards (glenster at 2multiples.com)
The Hot-Dance & Vintage Jazz Pages: http://www.2multiples.com/hotdance
ICQ: 21628170  MSN: glenster at 2multiples.com  Skype: glenrichards