[78-L] Louis Armstrong RANT, WARNING

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 20:08:56 PST 2010

David,

You were one of the few who was playing it. According to its producer Bob
Thiele, the single sank like a stone in the ocean (my words, not his).

I'm simply saying that teachers should not be illustrating the art of Louis
Armstrong using this single. There's plenty more to choose from. If I were
playing Durante for students, I certainly wouldn't play the WB recordings. I
think they would get a kick out of "Umbriago." In fact, thanks for the idea.

Jeff Sultanof