[78-L] Louis Armstrong

Tim Huskisson timhuskisson at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 21 16:57:03 PST 2010

I never heard a mediocre Louis performance. Even his most commercial
recordings were magnificent because of his own presence. I don't know if he
really was 'the single most important American who ever lived' - he may be
(!) - but I'm convinced that he is the most influential musician in American
popular music. If not him, who the heck comes even close?

Tim Huskisson