[78-L] Louis Armstrong

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jan 21 15:46:10 PST 2010

Robert Shirer wrote:
> I got it for Christmas, and it was the first of the Christmas books I read.
> Highly recommended.  It is amazing how hard even the greatest of jazz
> musicians worked, the number of nights on the road,  ususally with
> inadequate, segregated accommodations.  It is a wonderful book.
> Bob Shirer
Unfortunately, whatever Armstrong's qualities as a human being, we are
left with his recorded legacy, a lot of which is superficial and
patronizing to his audiences and routine.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4794 (20100121) __________

http://www.eset.com