[78-L] Good and reasonably priced turntable, an archivist' dream...

Milan P Milovanovic milanpmilovanovic4 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 15:35:25 PST 2010

Hello to all,

few days ago we discussed what would be good turntable for everyday use.

As I have great respect for particular turntable and brand I came across this one:

http://www.japan-direct.com/cartitem.asp?prodid=553

http://1200s.com/images/Gallery/SL-1200MK4.jpg

http://1200s.com/images/Gallery/SL-1200MK4-RCA.jpg

Here:

http://djproaudio.blogspot.com/2008/11/technics-sl-1200mk4-sl1200mk4-turntable.html

there are some explanations about few advantages over "standard" model, and the most interesting one is, you guess, built-in 78 rpm speed.

Few others are:

- RCA Female Connection Block (not standard cable connection to preamp)

- Titanium Tonearm with OFC (oxygen free wire)

I can only imagine that this could be The Holy Grail of our search for good turntable for everyday use, robust, with strength, rotating capable enough for heavy 78s.

Do someone knows if this turntable still is in Panasonic production line, and obtainable?

Thanks,

Milan