[78-L] Fwd: recent finds

Bill McClung bmcclung78 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 19:41:37 PST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bill McClung <bmcclung78 at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 8:56 PM
Subject: recent finds
To: 78-L Mail List <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>

One of the best reasons I hunt for 78s is to be surprised at what is found.

I'm still on my Texas label 78 kick and I found these three in the last
couple of weeks.

Euday Bowman on Bowman 1/2 playing his composition, "Twelfh Street Rag."
(Bowman/Fort Worth)

Hank Thompson singing ads for Shell Oil to promote pesticides to combat boll
weevils.  (Shell/Houston)

Sol Hoopi and Ira Stanphill doing some gospel numbers on Hymntime.
(Hymntime/Fort Worth)

Earlier surprises have been Boots and His Buddies on Talent (Dallas),  Crown
Prince Waterford on Torch (Dallas),
Little Doug (Sahm) on Sarg (Luling), Phineas Newborn, Jr. on Peacock Jazz
(Houston), and Rufus Thomas on Star Talent (Dallas).

Always looking for Texas label 78s if anyone has any they don't want.