[78-L] Re; Little bitty bids and bidders

Ken Matheson kenmath at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 18 17:00:00 PST 2010

I use 3 types of bids.

If I really want something, I will decide my maximum price I am willing to pay. In the last seconds I will put that bid in. The reason being many times I will put an early bid in just to be outbid by someone. Many people are undecided if they want something unless someone else bids on it. I don’t want to get into a bidding war.

If I want something that there is a lot of them on Ebay, or I can wait for, or will be away from a computer at the closing. I may put in an early bid.

If I really don’t care if I get it or not. I will put in an early bid.

Sniping or waiting for the last minute has it’s drawbacks too. Many times I forget to go to the computer and miss it. Also if I am out bid in the last few seconds I don’ get a chance to change my mind and bid higher.

On thing about early bids. I put in a bid and someone bids higher. Then I bid, then he bids. I get angry and run him up to teach him a lesson, well it ends up me getting taught a lesson. I get stuck with paying more for something I really don’t need.

It takes some skill and an atomic clock to snipe.