[78-L] Parade Records

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 18 09:16:18 PST 2010

Glenn,

Thank you; that answers my question. You may know this already but Palda was David L. Miller's first label. He reorganized it into Essex around 1950 which made some of Bill Haley's first records, and then closed Essex in 1957 in order to start Somerset/Trans-World, which made the 101 Strings albums. That was exclusively an LP concern; didn't even make 45s to my knowledge.

Nice site! Is this a reanimated version of the one that was up earlier in the 2000s or a wholly new undertaking?

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com

Just noticed another one of these string band labels.  It was right in front of me, no wonder I missed it - Pals.  It's from Philly as well.  It's on the same page right under the Palda label.