[78-L] Jean Shepherd broadcasts (was: new shipping charge policy with uKnow who)

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Jan 18 08:45:11 PST 2010

From: David Sanderson <dwsanderson685 at roadrunner.com>

> Back in that dim past, when Jean Shepard had his radio show
> from New York, Jug Blowers clips from what must have been
> that 45 turned up occasionally for atmosphere. Have
> Shepard's shows been issued on CD, I wonder? He was a
> wonderful practitioner of oral narrative, for sure.

MANY of his shows are available on both CD and MP3 CDs.  My friend Max
Schmid of WBAI is the major Shepherd supporter with a weekly rebroadcast
of a Shep show on WBAI and a HUGE listing of available Shep TV and radio
shows.

http://www.sheptapes.com/shop/default.asp

There also was a recent biography "Excelsior You Fathead".

http://www.amazon.com/Excelsior-You-Fathead-Shepherd-Applause/dp/1557836000/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263832961&sr=1-1

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com