[78-L] How to Play Baseball

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. bratcher at pdq.net
Sat Jan 16 11:40:29 PST 2010

At 10:25 PM 1/15/2010, you wrote:
>A lot of the Y series were reissues, from as little as a year
>earlier..the 1948
>catalog shows a number of sets on unbreakable and on shellac. Many of us have
>probably never seen the shellac versions because they were in print a short
>time and also because they were on that crappy mid 40s stuff that
>broke as you
>looked at it. "Erbert's 'Appy Birthday" is Y-324, Standard and Y-346
>unbreakable.
>
>Victor also used different numbering series for these albums, something which
>doesn't seem to have anything to do with the number of discs in the set, but
>maybe to do with full albums vs sleeves or "showpiece"
>packaging.."Jingle Bells
>Fantasy" is Y-20, unbreakable, and "Hello I'm Adeline" (some ghastly thing
>about a doll that still haunts me 55 years later) is a 2-disc set and it's
>Y-22. Charles Coburn hilariously narrating "The Comedy Of Errors" (something
>you have to hear to believe) is Y-608, and the discs are 45-5802/3,
>followed by
>your Baseball story, 45-5804/5 in set Y-351. 45-5800/1 is "Pan the Piper" in
>set Y-331. No shellac equivalents for any of these 12-inch sets.
>
>dl

I've got a whole bunch of 10" RCA Victor educational series records
that are red background/gold print in the 45-5000 series that are
slightly bendable & say non breakable on the labels. I suppose it's
some sort of vinyl or maybe a vinyl mix but then I have no idea. They
are about 1949/49 to early 50's vintage I'd guess.