[78-L] Re; Dewarping 78s

Ken Matheson kenmath at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 16 10:23:27 PST 2010

You will probably get many responses on dewarping 78’s, but here goes. I have 2 pieces of plate glass both 12 inches square and a quarter inch thick. I put the 78 records between the 2 pieces of glass and place it near or over a heat register or near the stove about 6 inches or 1 foot above the floor. A plant stand works good. In the summer some people put them on the dash of a parked car with the windows up. Do not add weight, just use the glass only. It takes 2 to 4 days depending on how warm your house is. I must stress, Do not add weight. Good luck.