[78-L] How to Play Baseball

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 15 20:25:29 PST 2010

A lot of the Y series were reissues, from as little as a year earlier..the 1948
catalog shows a number of sets on unbreakable and on shellac. Many of us have
probably never seen the shellac versions because they were in print a short
time and also because they were on that crappy mid 40s stuff that broke as you
looked at it. "Erbert's 'Appy Birthday" is Y-324, Standard and Y-346 unbreakable.

Victor also used different numbering series for these albums, something which
doesn't seem to have anything to do with the number of discs in the set, but
maybe to do with full albums vs sleeves or "showpiece" packaging.."Jingle Bells
Fantasy" is Y-20, unbreakable, and "Hello I'm Adeline" (some ghastly thing
about a doll that still haunts me 55 years later) is a 2-disc set and it's
Y-22. Charles Coburn hilariously narrating "The Comedy Of Errors" (something
you have to hear to believe) is Y-608, and the discs are 45-5802/3, followed by
your Baseball story, 45-5804/5 in set Y-351. 45-5800/1 is "Pan the Piper" in
set Y-331. No shellac equivalents for any of these 12-inch sets.

dl