[78-L] How to Play Baseball

david.diehl at hensteeth.com david.diehl at hensteeth.com
Fri Jan 15 16:07:29 PST 2010

>How to Play Baseball also credits "Porter W Heaps, organist." Was hethe regular house organist at some major league ball field? Sure playsthose snippets of Take Me Out to the Ballgame like a real pro.
Here's his obit:
http://www.nytimes.com/1999/05/19/arts/porter-w-heaps-92-musician-who-made-an-organ-sound-big.html
He was also active in Chicago radio studios. I think he did a couple of LP's for Columbia in the early 1950's.
 DJD
Visit the Blue Pages: the Encyclopedic Guide to 78 RPM Party Records
http://www.hensteeth.com