[78-L] Postage crisis ??

Bill Clark bill78 at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 15 09:30:22 PST 2010

It's certainly true for eBay in the UK.

You can only list under the 78s heading if you include "free postage" as an
option.  This is enforced by their listing mechanism.

If you try using "freight or courier" as an alternative postal option then
you can't include any destination outside than the UK.

The alternatives are:

1) Bump up the minumum bid by adding on the postage cost - This makes the
minimum bid look excessive and also plays havoc with any calculations for
overseas postage or discounts for multiple purchases.

2) List under a "non-media" category where this rule dosen't apply such as
"gramophones and phonographs" and hope that buyers find your records.

Has anyone thought of any alternatives?

Bill Clark