[78-L] Aileen Stanley

banjobud at cfl.rr.com banjobud at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jan 14 11:35:52 PST 2010

You are so right, David.  I meant to refer to Broadway Blues and not Home Again Blues.  Years ago I knew a gentleman named Burns Kattenberg who was a close friend of Aileen Stanley.  He is the one who told me about her Brunswick recording, and how she asked them not to release it because she was not happy with her performance.  Then when they did, she vowed to never make another recording for them.

Bud