[78-L] Another oldster who made at least one 78

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Wed Jan 13 16:36:26 PST 2010

> Luise Rainer turned 100 yesterday. She's on a 78..part of the "Great
> Ziegfeld"
> soundtrack, on Famous (8") and Specialty 102. No, not the rhythm & blues
> Specialty (that would be fun..remake The Great Waltz, with rap stars).
>
> dl

Speaking of 100,  that's how old Gloria Stuart will be in July.

I have that odd 40s record which is by "Gloria Stuart" and I assume it is
she because it was recorded or at least pressed in LA and on it she is
"assisted" by Gus Schilling,  who was a long-time movie character actor.

Anybody know anything about the record?

Taylor