[78-L] Loyal to the Kyser

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Wed Jan 13 15:10:20 PST 2010

Yeah,  Pushin' Sand is very suave and sophisticated in a stylish early-40s
way,  and was also a big hit...often that side is shot and the flip is
clean.

I would also give a thumbs-up to the Kyser version of "He Wears A Pair of
Silver Wings."  Excellent Babbitt vocal,  and more of that wonderful Jack
Martin lead soprano sax work...yeah,  it's copying the Miller sound in a
way,  but it has a softer,  almost ethereal tone by comparison.

Taylor