[78-L] Dual purpose machines...

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Jan 13 14:55:07 PST 2010

From: "Ted Kneebone" <tkneebone1 at abe.midco.net>
> In those days, I recorded many of the touring concert artists.
> I always asked permission and took photos of their performances.
> Today, I have been banned from taking photos of our local university
> music groups, and I haven't even asked about recording the concerts.

Have you checked to see if the university's development department
photographer or a photography instructor or a member of the board of
regents also runs a commercial photo studio?  THAT is usually why these
kind of restrictions get placed.  Somebody doesn't want competition, and
if they let an amateur photograph, then they would have problems
throwing out a professional.

And by the way on the other questions in this thread, yes this wire
recorder will also play 78s.  I have one of these in good condition, and
another chassis.  And yes, Al, you were right about your mother-in-law's
brillo pad.  I also tried to unravel one of these, and it is IMPOSSIBLE!
 I just put it away in a box.  As a reminder.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com