[78-L] Identity of All Star Jazz Orch

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 13 14:25:30 PST 2010

Don Chichester wrote:
> I found an old Halo LP amongst my boxes of LPs, and wondered if someone could identify the artists.
>

> Halo LP 50212
>
> Rock and Rhythm by the
>
> All Star Jazz Orchestra
>

> including:
>

> Easton Boogie
>
> Rockin' the Coop
>
> Boogie Blues
>
> Tom Boogie
>
> Fish Boogie
>
> Auld Lang Syne Boogie
>
> "plus other favorites" (sic.)
>

> Thanks!
>

> Don Chichester
======================
 From Lord 10.0:

Freddie Mitchell & his Orchestra
unknown (tp) Alton "Slim" Moore (tb) Freddie Mitchell (ts) Bill Graham
(bar) Jerry Blake (p) unknown b and d.
New York, 1949
D70    Rockin' with coop    Derby 737
D71    Boogie blues         -   , Rainbow LP715
D72    Till Tom boogie          739
D73    Fish market boogie         -

Freddie Mitchell & his Orchestra
Walter "Phatz" Morris (tb) replaces Alton "Slim" Moore, Bill Graham out,
replaced by unknown (bar)
1949-1950
D333    Jingle bells boogie    Derby 723, Allegro LP1600
D334    Auld Lang Syne boogie         -            -      , Rainbow LP715
D335    Freddie's calypso          740         -
D335 ?    I told you we're through          728
D336    Frenesi          740         -

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4765 (20100112) __________

http://www.eset.com