[78-L] 1950s big band (was Frosty)

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Jan 12 17:28:44 PST 2010

see end...
----- Original Message -----
From: "simmonssomer" <simmonssomer at comcast.net>

There was another important change in record marketing in the mid-thirties!
Record companies had, for many years, ALL tried to record their own
versions of ALL the hit tunes; as a result, one could buy any number of
different versions (by different artists) of any hit tune. Beginning about
1936-37, record buyers wanted not just the latest hit tune...they wanted
a SPECIFIC version of that tune by a SPECIFIC artist!

Steven C. Barr