[78-L] Funny Town Names

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Jan 12 15:49:54 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
>I can see nobody's ever looked at a map of Newfoundland, which has Dildo,
>Come
> By Chance and Black Tickle. Or globally..Hell (Norway, also Arizona and
> Michigan), Condom (France), F*cking (Austria).

And German license plates from Fuerth included FU-CK #### (which US GI's
liked to steal?!). BTW, the above "U" has an umlaut...!
> Intercourse, Pennsylvania
> Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico
> DISH, Texas

I used to spend hours poring through Road Atlases looking for funny town
names...and visited them if I ever got close. Went through Hot Coffee,
Mississippi
and Eighty-Four (forgot the state)! Worth mentioning is a tiny village west
of
Hamilton, Ont'o., Canada...a sign gives its name as "Dogs Nest," Ontario!

Steven C. Barr