[78-L] Funny town names...

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 11:33:07 PST 2010

I've heard Miami in Oklahoma pronounced 'my-am-uh' as opposed to
'my-ah-mee'.  Near me (I live in Mountain Home, Arkansas....don't ask)
there's Viola which gets pronounced 'vye-ola' and, weirder by a mile or
more, Gamaliel....I don't think I want to know where they get 'gamellia'
(think 'camellia' with the C changed to the G sound in the word 'ground')
from that!