[78-L] Ukulele Ike on Harmograph

Ate van Delden ate.vandelden at worldonline.nl
Tue Jan 12 02:21:48 PST 2010

Kiner has Harmograph 986 as Cliff Edwards, with Adrian Rollini on bass sax.
I don't have the Harmo but I do have the Perfect 11556 issue (and also
listened to French Pathe 6757).
To my ears these issues do not have a bass sax, just Cliff's uke as acc.
Moreover I just found out that Harmo 986 actually is an unlisted Lee Morse
record, equivalent to Perfect 12165 and Pathe 32086. Settlemeier's On-Line
Discography website has full info on these Pathe and Perfect issues, but
unfortunately has no Harmograph listing (yet?).
Questions:
1. Is Harmograph 986 a misprint in Kiner?
2. Are there more takes of these Edwards titles, the lesser known with a
bass sax?
Please check your large collections..........