[78-L] Christmas Songs (was: Mainstream radio in the '60s)

Randy Watts rew1014 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 11 21:00:41 PST 2010

--- On Mon, 1/11/10, David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Incidentally, this past Christmas season is the
> first where I never heard The Chipmunk Song
> ONCE. Anywhere.

Can't say I was that lucky. It came on the radio while I was in the car of a friend, who said, "Oh, I LOVE this," and turned up the volume. If you like Alvin and friends, that's fine, but personally I'd just as soon make it through the holidays-or any days, for that matter-without them.

The song I got really tired of hearing this season and couldn't seem to escape was Burl Ives' "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas." For a friend it was "Santa Baby." She said it seemed like it turned up half a dozen times a day in the holiday music her office played. At least when it's on the radio you have the option of changing stations or turning it off.

Randy