[78-L] 78-L And the winner is...(was Funny Town Names)

Sean Miller smille1 at nycap.rr.com
Mon Jan 11 17:35:14 PST 2010

Yes, good old Coxsackie.  I live about 20 miles North of it in an Albany
'burb.  It's actually pronounced by locals "Cook-sock-y", although when I
was a 411 operator, people from other areas would call asking for a number
in "Cock-suk-y" almost daily.  I always managed not to laugh, but don't ask
me how....

Schroon Lake is beautiful, by the way...

Sean (a native and well traveled upstate New Yorker)