[78-L] Mainstream radio in the '60s

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Jan 11 17:25:36 PST 2010

From: Cary Ginell <soundthink at live.com>
> "Begin the Beguine" was written to last for years because
> of its complexity, unusual structure, and adaptability.
> Can you say the same for "Hanky Panky" by Tommy James & the Shondells?

I am now sitting here thinking of the image of Tommy's baby doing the
hanky panky, vs. one of Cole Porter's high society friends beginning the
beguine.  . . . . .

. . . . . . . .   Tommy's baby wins!

But then again, Cary mentioned Eleanor Powell's tap dancing.  I think I
might be able to go with Eleanor Powell doing the hanky panky.  Yeah,
that's an image I could live with . . . . .

Mike (don't bother me, i'm imagining . . .) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com