[78-L] 1950s big band (was Frosty)

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Mon Jan 11 11:42:22 PST 2010

The introduction of the LP certainly had a great deal to do with what kinds of songs became "hits." Note that all of the people that have been mentioned were successful album selling artists, but had few, if any, single hits. With the LP's introduction, the audience was divided in two - younger listeners went for singles, older listeners went for LPs.

Cary Ginell